Thursday 19 January 2017

Update and cards

Long time no see! Yes I have been MIA for a little over a year, I have still been crafting, trying my hand at new things and neglecting some of my older passions but it's a new year and time to get back to what I love which includes Stampin' Up!

I intend to turn this blog into a bit more of a generalized craft sharing space then it was originally intened and therefore I will be uploading different project I complete whether they are Stampin' Up! Paintings, Clay Creations or some other crafty pursuit. I tend to craft best when I focus on whichever medium takes my fancy on any particular day therefore there will likely not be any ryhme or reason to the order in which I post, I hope this won't be an issue.

Now to kickstart this new year I would like to share with you a few of the cards I have made over the last few days.

First up is a card I made using the January sketch from The Sketch File

I found working off a sketch idea so helpful as I wanted to create something but with no one in mind I was finding it hard to find inspiration. After a little thinking and playing I came up with the below card using the Sheltering Tree and Hardwood stamp sets. You can see the colours I used below the image, if you have any questions on how I did this technique feel free to ask :)


          

Second and last up for today is a nice and clean simple card I decided to make as I wanted to show off the beauty of the So Detailed Thinlits without distracting from them. I fully intend to play with this set more and go into much more detail with it but I wanted to begin with keeping it simple and letting the beauty of this die do all the talking, again you can see the colours used under the card.


     

I also used Gold embossing powder for the above card however I haven't yet figured out how to make a colour splatter for it yet so I appologise for that one.

Well that is all from me today, I hope you enjoyed my little update post as well as the 2 cards I created, and now as the clock ticks away to 10:30pm I am off to find my pillows. Have a wonderful day. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment