Friday 27 January 2017

102nd Birthday Card WWYS100

I hope everyone is having an amazing day! I have just been to see my magic man who works wonders on my neck and back and am enjoying the sweet relief of being headache free without the use of pain killers for the first time in seven days.

Before my treatment it was my honor to be asked to make a birthday card for an amazing women who is turning 102! I have had the honor of making her a card every year since I was first asked to make her 100th Birthday card and I wanted to do a good job.

For this card I took heavy inspiration from Bekka please follow the link on her name and show her the love she deserves, for without her amazing card this one would not have been possible in my state of mind when I made it last night.


I also stumbled across the What Will You Stamp challenge blog while I was searching for inspiration for this card and saw their current challenge was to ue the number of years stamp set, which was perfect for this card.


I originally used the stamps to place the 102 to the front of the card, however I didn't like the colour payoff of the Perfect Plum on the Crumb Cake card stock so I ended up using the thinlits to cut them out instead and placed a piece of perfect plum behind to make it blend better with the card. I then used one of the wonderful sentiments from the set on the inside.


     

All in all I loved making this card, and I am so thankful to have come across Bekka's card on pinterest as this is such a beautiful layout in my opinion.

Click on the products below to purchase them and make your own masterpieces.


I hope you all have a wonderful day, I'm off to do some more crafting now that my head is clear :) try to stay cool if your in Australia like me it is another scorcher of a day.


No comments:

Post a Comment