Thursday 26 January 2017

Succulent Window Box GDP071


Happy Australia Day!

I hope everyone is having a fun and safe Australia Day and I hope no one is melting in this heat. I had to work this morning, and I made this little box for a work friend who is OBSESSED with Succulents, she wasn't looking forward to working today and I wanted to brighten her day a little bit.

As well as being a way to brighten to someone's day this is also my entry for the Global Design Project 071. You can follow the link in the challenge picture below to check out the other entries as well as the design teams projects, there are some amazing pieces up already.


With a theme of 3D or off the page I couldn't help but team the beautiful window box thinlits with the succulent thinlits to make this little trinket box.



I chose to keep the box itself rather simple as I wanted the beautiful succulent's to steal the show and didn't want them to be overpowered by embellishments down the side of the box.


Below I have included colour swatches of all the colours used in this project, below them you will find a list of which colours were used on each part of the project in case you want to try to recreate all or part of this project yourself.


Large Center Succulent

  • Cardstock - Garden Green
  • Inks - Always Artichoke, Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White
Small Green Succulent
  • Cardstock - Mint Macaron
  • Inks - Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede and Whisper White
Small Purple Succulent
  • Cardstock - Sweet Sugarplum
  • Inks - Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede and Whisper White
To create the effect sponge the first colour over the whole cut out, do not create a solid look with this it is just to add texture, then darken the tips of the petals with the second colour and finally apply the white to the center and use your finger to tap it and diffuse the colour for a more natural blended look

Box
  • Cardstock - Tip Top Taupe
  • Inks- Soft Suede
For the box I just sponged Soft Suede around the edges to tie the box in with the look of the succulents more then it did as a stark clean box.


Click on the products below to purchase them and make your own masterpieces.


That's all from me for today, I hope you all have an amazing day and happy crafting.

No comments:

Post a Comment