Wednesday 22 March 2017

Aim for Alaska Blog Hop - Inspired by Alaska




Welcome to the Aim for Alaska blog hop! First let me tell you a little about Aim for Alaska, it is a training group set up by Kylie Bertucci. In this group there is a wealth of knowledge from Kylie and her guest speakers designed to help demonstrators reach their goals within Stampin' Up! For me the group has helped me get serious about blogging more and has given me the push to jump in and give online classes a go.

The theme for this hop is to just be inspired by Alaska, whether it is the animals, nature, or even the ship so many demonstrators are going to get to go on soon. Now I spent a while googling images of Alaska and staring at my Stampin' Up! collection thinking about this theme. For me I just kept coming back to the stunning images of the Northern Lights over Alaska and I decided to try and recreate them using the Stampin' Up! watercolour pencils.


           

     
     


I started out just playing with a background, laying down colour with the watercolour pencils and then blending it out with water. Once I was happy with the colours I added the tree's in black by dipping the tip of the black watercolour pencil into water as I went to get the best colour payoff. I was originally going to use this piece as just a background and layer things on top, however once it was done I decided against it.

To get the starts in the sky I squeezed out a small dot of Stampin' Up! white craft reinker onto my stamp-a-ma-jig clear sheet and used a dotting tool to pick the ink up and dot it around the sky (you could also use a toothpick). I decided to simply stamp a sentiment, and add some Wink of Stella and add a few pearls to the sky to emphasize some of the stars I had added using the reinker. Lastly I decided to place a strip of metallic ribbon from the Sale-a-Bration catalog to add a little extra bling and somewhat represent the snow covered ground in front of the tree's.

I will be doing a live video class sometime on how simple this watercolour background was to make, so please contact me if your interested in viewing the video and I can get the details to you and keep you updated.

I hope you had fun visiting my blog and I know you are going to love the other projects in this hop so don't forget to use the list below to find your way through all the blogs, you do not want to miss a project.


Click on the products below to purchase them and make your own masterpieces.

Hope to see you back here again soon, have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment